Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

eFileCA - Scheduled Maintenance 3/25

There will be scheduled maintenance on the eFileCA PROD site on Saturday, March 25th from 8:00 AM PT to 2:00 PM PT.  The site will be unavailable intermittently during this 6 hour window.

Payment Information

Paying Online

Make a payment or select payment alternatives for criminal and traffic cases.

Make a Payment

View the How-To Guide for making an online payment.

Paying by Mail

You may handle most transactions through the mail. To pay your citation by mail, send a check or money order (U.S. dollars) made payable to Butte County Superior Court any time prior to your appearance date. Send payment to the court listed on your courtesy notice. Write the case number and the name of the person who received the citation on the check or money order to ensure it is applied to the correct case. Please be sure that we have your current mailing address so that we can respond to you in a timely manner, if necessary.

Requesting a Payment Plan or Fine Reduction

If you are unable to pay your citation in full by your appearance date you may request a bail installment (payment plan) by contacting the Traffic Division at 1775 Concord Avenue in Chico, or by phone at (530) 532-7005. Please note that on vehicle code violations a 10% down-payment of the total bail amount must be paid at the time the payment plan is established (per VC40510.5).

If you were charged with an infraction and have already been convicted of the charge(s), you may contact the Court and/or submit a "Can't Afford to Pay Fine" form to request a reduction of the fine, additional time to pay, a payment plan, or community service.

Work Program

If you are financially unable to pay your bail/fine, you may be eligible to convert it to community service. In order to determine your eligibility you must contact the Court Compliance Division at (530) 532-7014. You must complete a financial declaration and, in most instances, provide proof of your income and expenses.

Was this helpful?